top of page
CPS Defense Attorney

CPS Defense Attorney

If you are looking for experienced, ethical, high-quality cost-efficient representation, The Law Office of Dennis R. Ingols is right for you. Client satisfaction is our priority. Fast response. Call Today (408) 601-0126

CPS Defense

 Over a decade helping parents through CPS investigations and juvenile dependency matters.

If CPS knocks on your door, goes to your child’s school, calls you, or even just leaves a note on your door, call the Office of Dennis R. Ingols immediately.

Remember, just like talking to the police, anything you say to CPS social workers can be used against you in court.

Don’t put yourself in that position, call The Law Office of Dennis R. Ingols immediately if CPS has contacted you or removed your children. (408) 601-0126


Mr. Ingols has more than a decade of experience helping parents through the various phases of CPS investigations and juvenile dependency matters. Contact The Law Office of Dennis R. Ingols immediately to discuss effective steps to get your kids back. Call (408) 601-0126 or e-mail us to schedule a consultation.  


Mr. Ingols will listen to your story with compassion before giving you his candid, professional analysis of your options to help you work towards the best possible outcome for you and your family.


We will be honored to assist and provide you with the quality legal representation and one-on-one attention you deserve.  Call today for a free assessment of your case (408)601-0126.


​"I enjoyed working with Attorney Dennis, and talking with Nayelli. Thank you so much, I am very grateful for everything they did for me."


​"Thank you so very much and

Mr. Ingols is an extremely kind, knowledgeable Lawyer! Thank you again."


Dennis R. Ingols Esq.

    Attorney Profile

Schedule Your Appointment Today

Thank you for contacting The Law Office of Dennis R. Ingols. Your case is important to us. We will call you shortly. Sincerely, Dennis Ingols.

Contact Us

111 North Market Street, Ste #300, San Jose, CA 95113  |  Tel: (408) 601-0126





Mon   9:00 am - 8:00 pm

Tue    9:00 am - 8:00 pm

Wed   9:00 am - 8:00 pm

Thu    9:00 am - 8:00 pm

Fri      9:00 am - 8:00 pm

Sat     9:00 am - 6:00 pm

Sun    Closed

Dependency Actions

Parents have a fundamental right to care, custody and control of their children.  However, that right is not absolute.

When CPS receives a referral about your family, they will start an investigation.  Depending on the circumstances:

CPS can close the case immediately

Ask you to sign a voluntary plan (steps for you to take to keep your kids, or to get them back)


Open a court case

If they open a case (a “dependency action”), the juvenile court will decide if and when you will get your kids back.

CPS opens a case by filing a written request called a Petition. The Petition will allege one or more of the following:

  1. Physical abuse

  2. Failure to protect

  3. Emotional abuse

  4. Sexual abuse

  5. Abuse of sibling

  6. Abandonment.

(Welfare & Institutions Code §300). 

Once a case is open, numerous hearings will happen. See Chart.

  1. You can have an open dependency action whether your kids are in your care or in foster care.  The timelines may change, but getting your kids back is not always the end of CPS’ involvement in your life.  

  2. You have significantly less time to reunify with your kids if they are under age 3 at the time of removal.   

  3. The earlier hearings set the tone for the rest of the proceeding, so retaining qualified counsel from day one is critical.  The Initial/Detention, Jurisdiction and Disposition hearings are about whether your children are at risk due to abuse or neglect within the meaning of Welfare & Institutions Code §300.  

  4. The later hearings are about whether you have addressed the problems the Court believes you have.  In other words, after Disposition, it is too late to argue that your children never should have been taken.

About the chart

bottom of page